Christmastime is here. We all have Christmas traditions, and here are my top 10 favorite things to do in no particular order.
- Go see the Trees of Christmas with my daughter and whichever grandgirls can come along. These are ginormous real trees decorated by local folks. Every year the display is different and wonderful.
- Look at Christmas lights at night because you never know when you will find the perfect Clark Griswold house.
- And speaking of the Griswolds, I love to watch Christmas movies. Must sees are National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Elf, Young Pioneers Christmas, White Christmas, and Miracle on 34th Street.
- Sit in the house in the dark and look at the Christmas lights. It’s magical.
- Watch it snow. Okay, so last year was one of the few times we’ve had a white Christmas in Alabama, but oh my, was it ever beautiful.
- Sing Christmas carols and Christmas songs. In my car, I’m the next American Idol.
- Have grandgirls over to spend the night. My perfect Christmas is for everyone to come to my house, spend the night, and wake up on Christmas morning and open presents. Since that is never going to happen, I make my version happen by having all the grandgirls over to spend the night early. I let them open a couple of presents early. They always get more than they can enjoy at once anyway. I LOVE IT.
- Work jigsaw puzzles. Since I’m a teacher, I have time off, and being able to work puzzles is a wonderful, relaxing thing.
- Travel. Sometimes, I actually get to go somewhere since I have time off.
- Geocaching. With the time off, I get to do some caching. That makes me very happy.
- More than 10, but the most important–thank God for the birth of Jesus.
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, and in case you didn’t hear, oh by golly have a holly, jolly Christmas, this year!