I’ve been neck-deep in the iPhone app store all day, so after plowing through descriptions of dozens of apps, I wondered just what my favorites are that I use all the time. Here’s the list:
- Words with Friends–I currently only have three games going, but I’ve had as many as 9 or 10. My daughter and a caching friend are my most reliable opponents. My DH pretty much refuses to play anyone any more.
- Scrabble–My caching friend is the one who plays me on this one. I love the teacher’s faces. It’s great when I get the big smiley face. It’s ego-crushing when I get the horrified face!
- Geocaching–This app can’t be beat if I don’t have my GPS and I’m in a 3G area where this one will work. I used it just the other day.
- Grocery IQ–My DH & I finally got the syncing thing figured out on this one, and it works like a charm. I love that you can scan the bar code on a product and add it to the favorites.
- Notes–I use this app to take notes and then email them to whomever.
- iBooks–It’s books. I’m an English major. What more is there to say?
- Kindle–It’s books. I’m an English major. As Thomas Jefferson said, “I cannot live without books.”
- Holy Bible–It’s THE book. Plus, it has tons of translations.
- Groovy Grader–If you are a teacher, you must have this! Put in the number of questions, and it will compute all the possible scores for you.
- Nike+ GPS–When I’m actually walking outside, I love this app. I can listen to music, track my walk, and know how far I walked. I also get voice prompts. It’s awesome!
I know I included two word games on this list, so of course Angry Birds should be on here, but I’ll do a game list another day.